The Eight Step Furniture Finish
KitchenCabinets.co is proud to sell Cardell cabinets and would like to describe the Cardell 8 step process and care in applying the perfect finish for your cabinetry. The finishes offer durability and protection to your cabinets, as well as emphasize the grain of wood for a truly distinctive appearance.
Hand-wiped to bring out the color and luster, Cardell’s 8-step finish is designed to protect the surface against normal home use. With proper care, your Cardell cabinetry will provide years of use and beauty in your home.
- Cardell selects only the finest oak, maple, hickory and cherry wood available. All stained doors are custom manufactured at Cardell to the highest of specifications. All surfaces are sanded using a progressive grade of sandpaper and finished with very fine grit sandpaper for a smooth finish.
- For most color finishes, an application of toner is applied. The toner is composed of finely ground pigments that give each piece a high degree of translucency. Toner is used to establish consistent uniformity and develop the undertone color.
- For the majority of stain colors, a wipe stain is then hand applied. The wiping stain helps give the wood a deeper grain definition and/or a highlighted effect.
- Actual hand wiping is the next procedure. This helps manipulate the stain and gives the wood various degrees of clarity.
- The next step is the application of sealer (sealer / varnish). The purpose of this material is to seal the wood protecting the previous color coats. This material contains sanding agents that when sanded creates a smooth surface and helps create good inter-coat adhesion between the sealer and the final topcoat.
- After the sealer is applied and oven-dried, the product is hand sanded to assure a smooth surface for the topcoat.
- The final step is the application of the topcoat. Relvar Catalyzed Conversion Varnish is used. This varnish provides maximum resistance to scuffing, dents, UV fade, and moisture.
- Throughout the process, the cabinet products are cured in specially designed high temperature ovens. This creates a baked on, smooth surface generally used in the fine furniture industry.
Cardell Cabinets are certified by Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association (KCMA) Performance Testing & Certification Program, which meets or exceeds its Four Finish Tests.
Right now at KitchenCabinets.co, you can buy the beautiful Cardell cabinets at 20% off.